What’s After High School? Everything You Need to Know About Supports and Resources for Youth with Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs
WHAT: This is a free training for parents, caregivers, youth and providers on the transition to adult life for youth with disabilities and/or special health care needs.
Topics will include:
- Envisioning a youth’s future in the community.
- The role in schools.
- Options for long term supports.
- Vocational resources.
- Transitioning to adult health care.
- Guardianship, Power of Attorney for Health Care and other legal issues.
- The importance of advocacy and the fundamentals of self-determination.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 2nd, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
WHERE: Center for Independent Living for Western WI, 202 Eau Claire St., Suite 102, Eau Claire, WI.
REGISTRATION: Contact the Western Regional Center, Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs at 800-400-3678 (ask for Rose or Wynne) or email@example.com. Training is FREE and dinner will be provided. Certificate of training participation will be available for individuals seeking continuing education credit.