Freedom, Support and an Everyday Life
Join us on October 12,13 and 14, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee as we share our experiences, gain greater knowledge and work together to make Self Directed Supports work in Wisconsin.
Who should attend?
Adults with disabilities, including youth in transition to adulthood, their family and friends, service providers, MCO, Partnership, ADRC, and IRIS staff are encouraged to attend. Learning Together Learning will be through the sharing of experiences of individuals, families, and systems in Wisconsin and elsewhere.
The Conference will feature many Wisconsin Stories. We will share with you first hand experiences and knowledge about how to make Self-Determination and Self-Directed Supports a positive and meaningful way to live our lives and support each other.
Breakout Topics include:
- Telling Stories of SDS
- Understanding and applying self-determination and self-directed supports
- Supporting SDS for your adult sons and daughters
- SDS and transition from high school
- IRIS and SDS
- Managed Care Organizations and SDS
- Person-centeredness and SDS
- Strengthening communities
- Building circles of support
- Identifying your outcomes- Ways to tell others what you want
- SDS and Employment
- SDS Peer and Family Mentoring
- SDS and Getting Support Where and With Whom You Want to Live
- Building Co-ops and Networks with SDS
- Telling Your Own Story of SDS
- Exploring you creative side, and more…
Questions? Contact Fil Clissa at (608)266-5395 or Fil.email@example.com