LogistiCare Hearing on October 18
Opportunity to Voice Concerns about Transportation Provider
The State Senate Committee on Health, Revenue, Tax Fairness and Insurance is holding the hearing:
October 18, 3:00 pm
Washington Park Senior Center
4420 W. Vliet, Milwaukee
The public can testify after remarks from invited speakers.
LogistiCare has a state contract to provide non-emergency medical transportation to individuals using Medical Assistance. Concerns have been raised about the quality of the services provided through the LogistiCare contract.
The Committee needs to hear from the disability community about these concerns. Following are some questions that you may find helpful when deciding whether to testify:
1. Have you been able to schedule rides when you need them?
2. Have you missed medical appointments because your ride was late?
3. Have you been questioned about why you need transportation from LogistiCare for the appointment rather than obtaining it elsewhere?
4. Have you had challenges when talking to LogistiCare schedulers or the local transportation provider?
5. Has the vehicle that picked you up taken long detours?
Please make your voice heard. Thank you for your advocacy!