Get Connected: Attend the Integrated Employment Network Event Aug. 28
Deadline to register Aug. 20; agenda available
Get connected at the Integrated Employment Network Event! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to connect with people with disabilities, families, provider organizations, and businesses in a collaborative effort to increase the number of people with disabilities who have integrated, competitive-wage jobs in Wisconsin. The deadline to register is Monday, Aug. 20. This event is open to everyone.
- A panel of self-advocates will talk about how they made community employment happen for them.
- Integrated Employment experts Laura Owens and Don Lavin will discuss national efforts to move state policies and practices forward through Employment First efforts.
- Messaging strategies for “spreading the word” about the importance of Integrated Employment and Employment First.
- Stories of Wisconsin’s innovative employment initiatives that are getting people competitive-wage jobs in the community.
- More information, including the agenda, is available online.
Details: The Integrated Employment Network Event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells. Online registration is available. The registration fee is $25 and the deadline to register is Monday, August 20. If you have questions about the event, contact Ann Sievert at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 267-9897.
This event is co-sponsored by the Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities, APSE, InControl Wisconsin, and People First Wisconsin.