Attend a Public Hearing on Mental Health
Share your views on mental health next Tuesday!
The Speaker’s Task Force on Mental Health will hold a public hearing at the Capitol next Tuesday, July 23. The Task Force will make recommendations to the Legislature, so this is a great opportunity for advocates to share their ideas and concerns.
The Task Force will recommend improvements to the Legislature in the following areas:
- Eliminating barriers to treatment and promoting early and voluntary intervention for juveniles and adults in need of mental health services
- Improving coordination of care among those who treat people with mental illness
- Increasing awareness and reducing the stigma that often accompanies mental health diagnoses
- Identifying and promoting best practices for addressing the link between mental illness and substance dependence and abuse
- Promoting best practices for addressing mental illness in the prison population
Speakers from the Department of Health Services, Madison Metropolitan School District Mental Health Task Force, and Karl Rajani from American TeleHealthcare are invited to testify. There will also be an opportunity for public input.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Room 412 East
Wisconsin State Capitol